- Profit sharing arrangement, subject to experience and performance
- Join a growing boutique firm in CBD – diverse litigation + transactions
- Work autonomously in a firm with a view to grow in mid-to-long term
The firm has been in operation for over five years and is being run by a sole practitioner. Despite COVID-19, it continues to move from strength to strength. The firm prides itself on delivering premium legal services to its valued clients: prioritising commercial pragmatism, excellence in service, and client interests. The firm has accrued its clientele based on referrals and has never resorted to advertising.
The firm’s clientele is almost entirely Chinese and therefore it is essential that the successful candidate be fluent in both English and Mandarin. The firm’s clients range from high net-worth individuals to SME’s. There is also a publicly listed Hong Kong company which regularly retains the firm for its debt recovery and general commercial litigation matters.
The firm specialises in Commercial Litigation but does have an ancillary practice in Property Law. The Commercial Litigation practice is very strong, with the majority of matters going to the Supreme Court’s Equity Division. There are also plenty of matters being litigated in the Local and District Courts. The Property Law practice is constituted by residential and commercial conveyancing and retail and commercial leasing matters.
The firm has long-term aspirations for growth and the successful candidate will be able to be part of this journey.
As the firm specialises in Commercial Litigation, the successful candidate must have strong and current experience in general Commercial Litigation, particularly in more complex, high stakes matters in the Supreme Court. You will be expected to perform your work and discharge your duties without any oversight. The principal is personable and approachable but you must be able to handle your caseload autonomously.
The role will be split up into mainly Commercial Litigation matters, with ancillary work in Property matters, namely, commercial and residential conveyancing, and commercial and retail leasing. Therefore, you must be content with working in both practices.
The preferred method of remuneration is profit-sharing, which will result in an extremely generous remuneration package for the right person, but the percentage of the shared profit shall be dependent on the successful candidate’s experience and performance in the firm.
- Minimum 3 years post-admitted experience accrued in a reputable Sydney-based firm
- Excellent academics and demonstrated success in both Commercial Litigation and Property matters
- Willing and able to work in a small firm with only one other lawyer
- Above-market remuneration, commensurate with experience and dependent upon performance, for the right person
- Opportunity to join a firm that believes in delivering honest, premium legal services to their valued clients
- Opportunity to join a firm with a long-term business plan to ensure long-term job security and growth within the firm
- Opportunity to join a firm that operates only on a referral basis
- Opportunity to work in an office with a window overlooking Pitt Street
- Never be bored with a pumping general Commercial Litigation practice and ancillary work in Property Law
Please send your resume to [email protected] or for a confidential discussion please call Ellie on 0468 842 406.